Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Amor Fati

Since I've challenged myself to write more often and have absolutely no patience for writing a lengthy fanfic, short story, or starting my own novel at the moment, this blog is going to encompass all of my weekly ramblings. Tonight's installment is brought to you by the fact that I actually have a hard time telling those closest to me how I feel. While I think G knows what I am about to share with all of you, I am hoping that seeing it in the open will prove to him that I actually do think he is amazeballs.

Amor Fati

Lucky.

I feel incredibly, beautifully lucky.

When I look back at all of the things we've been through together, I am awestruck at how we've survived it all. You think I have Amor Fati inked on my right wrist because of The X-Files and in part that is true. The larger part however is that it's a constant reminder that no matter what happens to me in this life, the moments I have of pure happiness are worth all of the pain and suffering to get to them.

You are the most amazing person I've ever met and being with you has been the greatest experience of my life. You fill my world with immeasurable joy. You give me the courage to fight harder, to fight longer, and to believe that anything is possible. You remind me that it's okay to play in the rain and that life is so much more than just going through the motions. You're the part of me that I spent half my life missing and you will never know how much that means to me. Everything I've done, everything I've been through, every stumble along the road towards this life I now have with you...I'd do it all over again if it got me to right here. I love you, and not because you're the father of my children. I love you because you're the most fun I've ever had and I don't ever want it to stop.



No comments: